Before You Adopt
Before making the decision to adopt, think about your reasons for wanting to bring a pet into your life and what your expectations are for the new family member. You might consider the following information when making your decision. (Taken from an article by The Humane Society of the United States.)
Dogs and cats require a lot of time, money and commitment. Pets may live for 10 - 20 years.
- Do you have time for a pet? is someone at home on a regular basis to give the animal lots of attention and love?
- Can you afford a pet? The costs of owning a pet can be high. Food, veterinary care, grooming, boarding, toys, litter and other expenses add up quickly.
- Are there any restrictions around having pets in your home - landlord permission, pet deposits, condo restrictions etc?
- Are you expecting major lifestyle changes over the next several months or years? A pet that fits into your life today needs to fit in for the foreseeable future.
- Who will care for your pet when you are away?
- Do you or other family members have allergies to pets?
Adopting a new pet is an exciting event, and our staff is eager to assist you in making an informed decision. Applicants must be at least 21 years of age with a valid ID.
I'm Ready to Adopt - Thank You! Fill out a form today to start the adoption process.
- Kittens $100.00
- Young Adults (6 months to a year) $75.00
- Adult Cats $50.00
- Special Needs $35.00
- Fee includes: Spay/Neuter / Microchip / Felv/FIV combo testing / Up-to-date vaccinations / Flea treatment
* Puppies - $250.00 this includes a $50.00 refundable deposit that can be redeemed with a certificate of completion of a puppy class training session.
- Dogs - $200.00
- Seniors ( 8+) and special needs - $100.00
- Fee includes: Spay/Neuter/ Microchip / Heartworm testing / Up-to-date vaccinations / Heartguard / Flea treatment
With an ID for all active and retired military, adoption fees are half off.