Volunteers play a vital role within the Happy Tales organization. We are dedicated to our mission of providing humane, no-kill options for homeless and neglected animals in Middle Tennessee. We could not do this without your support and commitment. Due to factors related to liability and insurance, volunteers must be at least 18 years of age or older.
FOSTER PARENT - Welcome a homeless animal into your home and provide him/her with a safe environment and lots of TLC. We provide food, toys, crate and medical care. Must be able to transport the foster animal to adoption appointments or events. A willingness to help with behavior modification training is a plus.
ANIMAL TRANSPORT - When needed, volunteers will transport animals to and from foster care, veterinarian appointments and special events.
SPECIAL EVENTS - Volunteer opportunities vary per event but may include animal transport, greeters, silent auction activities and event set up/tear down.
COMMUNITY EDUCATION AND OUTREACH - When needed, volunteers attend events to promote the mission of Happy Tales Humane, hand out educational materials, and be a resource for the public when they have questions about the organization.
SPECIAL PROJECTS - We are interested in individuals that have a passion for animals and skills in the following areas:
- Grant Writing
- Event Coordination
- Professional Photography (experience with animals)
SPONSORSHIPS - Elect to sponsor an animal available for adoption with a $10 recurring monthly donation. You will receive current information about the selected animal along with updates regarding their status and adoption.
- FELINE FRIENDS - Assist with basic care and socialization of cats, help keep animal condos clean and assist with potential adoptions. Volunteers should be knowledgeable about basic cat behavior and be comfortable handling unfamiliar cats.
- CANINE COMPANIONS - Walk and socialize dogs, assist with basic training, help keep kennels clean and assist with potential adoptions. Volunteers should be knowledgeable about basic dog behavior and be comfortable handling unfamiliar dogs.
Those interested in volunteering may request a volunteer application at: email@example.com
UNDER 18? WE CAN USE YOUR HELP
- Organize a collection drive (in your neighborhood, at your school, with sports teammates, with your favorite club or organization) for pet food and supplies using the HTH wish list as a guide for donations.
- Host a bake sale, lemonade stand, car wash, dog wash, pool party, movie night etc. with proceeds benefitting the animals at Happy Tales.
- Start a fundraiser such as ‘Pennies for Pups’ and collect coins for the animals.
- Start a pet-sitting or dog-walking service in your neighborhood and request that clients pay in cash or supplies to donate to Happy Tales.
Use your imagination and get creative! We would love to hear your ideas about how we can work together to make their lives better!